Welcome to our Summer Reading page.
In order to have have an in depth explanation of what Summer Reading assignments are comprised of, please click on the attached letter(s) below to view with Summer 2020 Summer Reading assignments.
It is important for students to continue to read during the summer, so that they build on the reading skills they have worked so hard to build throughout the year. With this in mind, all incoming 2nd-8th grade students will be required to complete their summer assignments.
Besides the required program, we encourage our students to continue reading for leisure during the summer!
To motivate your children to read more regularly, here are some tips and strategies you can use to incorporate reading and writing activities into your child’s daily routine:
- Learn more about your child's interests and suggest books, magazines, and articles that relate to those topics.
- Sometimes good movies are a starting point for pleasure reading — some children will be motivated to read a book if they know a movie about it will soon be released.
- Sometimes travel sparks reading, and finding books that relate to a place you visit on a family vacation can get a child hooked.
- Keep books and other reading materials at home.
- Read books with your children! Children of any age can appreciate being read to.
- Be a good role model — let your children see you reading
As always, we appreciate your continuous support and active involvement in your child’s education!