In order to fully involve the parents in school activities, each family is being asked to complete forty (40) hours of service each year.
Over the years, we have been fortunate to have received outstanding support from our parents. You have always been generous in supporting us with your resources, your talents, and your expertise. We trust that you will welcome the program as an opportunity to become even more involved with the Chamlian community.
How it Works:
- A list of upcoming service opportunities will be posted on the school website. Service opportunities consist of volunteer hours or donation of items.
- Attendance in certain school activities and events such as Back-to-School night are also counted towards the 40 hours.
- Assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. The PIP committee will contact the parents to bring in their donations or provide volunteer hours for that particular event.
- It is the responsibility of each parent to record the hours fulfilled by requesting a receipt (PIP credit form) for donated items or by signing in on the designated sign in sheet when attending a particular event. (Please retain a copy for your records).
The administration will record and maintain an accounting of all service hours. The balance and any unfulfilled hours will be sent to the parents twice a year. Once again, a copy should be retained for personal records. In case of a discrepancy in the hours shown, parents may contact the PIP Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cutoff for completion of PIP service hours is April 30, 2016.
How to Calculate the Hours:
Each hour of volunteering provided at an event = 1 hour credit towards the 40 hours.
Each $10.00 donation = 1 hour credit towards the 40 hours. (Receipts are required to receive full credit and so we may attach it to our PIP Credit Form).
Baked goods made at home are considered as follows:
- 2 dozen homemade cookies = 1 hour credit.
- 2 homemade bunt cakes = 1 hour credit.
Possible PIP Service Hour Opportunities:
- Student Store and Cafeteria (contact information will be posted on the PIP webpage).
- Armenian and Scholastic Book Fair.
- Sponsorships for events such as Cultural Day, Thanksgiving Lunch, Dinner Dance, Mijink, etc.
- Chocolate Sale (1 box sold = 3 hrs, 2 boxes sold = 5 hrs, 3 boxes or more sold = 7 hrs).
- Donations of raffle items to be used for events such as Cultural Day, Dinner Dance, Mijink, etc. (new and unopened boxes with a purchase receipt).
- PSC members who work on a subcommittee will receive 1 hour of credit per subcommittee meeting.
- PSC members who attend most of the regular PSC meetings and are part of at least two subcommittee meetings will receive 5 hours at the end of the school year.
- Helping on Special Lunch Days and during Bake Sales.
- Afterschool Tea Time.
Please note that payments made towards the Classroom Materials Fund, the Scrip Program, the Yearbook Donation, and donations made towards our annual Walkathon will not qualify for PIP credit hours.
The PIP Committee reserves the right to decline donations of gift certificates or gift items if deemed impractical. If such is the case, donors will be notified immediately.