On behalf of the entire faculty and staff, I would like to welcome you to St. Mary’s Vahan and Anoush Chamlian Armenian School. It is my distinct privilege to serve as the Principal of Chamlian, which has been an integral part of the community for 43 years. The school’s outstanding reputation, established throughout its long history has allowed it to grow and thrive as an important staple in the Armenian and Glendale community at large.
Chamlian Armenian School:
- Provides a WASC accredited, high quality, rigorous, standards based curriculum to students with an emphasis in foundational and real world skills.
- Strives to provide experiences to students to support them as they become problem solvers, creative thinkers and decision makers.
- Provides a strong moral and character development program to guide students to develop self esteem, values, and an appreciation for diversity. Our goal is for students to become productive citizens and leaders in their local and global communities.
- Teaches the skills necessary to utilize and innovate with technology.
- Works to transform students into lifelong learners.
- Offers a strong Armenian studies curriculum in both Eastern and Western Armenian.
- Embraces the Armenian culture and language to ensure students achieve competence in written and oral Armenian, raises awareness regarding history and cultural heritage, preparing students to become active members in the Armenian community.
- Provides personal attention to every student.
- Enjoys a strong partnership between the school and home; collaborates actively with parents in order to ensure the continued success of the school.
- Offers a top-notch educational program at an affordable cost.
I invite all prospective parents, students and community members to learn more about our unique and high caliber school. Please call the office for information and to schedule a school tour.
As the school principal, I am committed to work in collaboration with the entire Chamlian family to realize the vision of the school. My door is always open. I look forward to meeting you and your children.
Dr. Talin P. Kargodorian