Our Admissions process includes every effort to ensure that Chamlian Armenian School is the best fit for all students who meet the criteria for the admissions policies, and that all prospective students will align with the school’s mission.
Step 1: Waiting List
- Waiting list opens every year on October 1, at 8:00 a.m. Please click here to access the Waiting List Form for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
- The school follows admissions priority guidelines, as listed below, for all students entering grades 1-8. For waitlist applicants in TK and Kindergarten, the school follows priority guidelines based on waitlist status only.
Step 2: School Visits
- Between October and February, our Director of Admissions and Records will contact prospective families, in the order of priority based on our admissions guidelines, to schedule a visit of our school facilities. Prospective students are required to attend this visit and a brief interview will be conducted with parent and child.
- Tours can be scheduled, using a sign-up link, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Afternoon tours are also available on Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. You may also attend our Prospective Student Open House in lieu of a separate campus tour.
- Prospective Student Open House: On Saturday, January 28, 2023, we invite you to a Prospective Student Open House where you will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet the teachers, administrators, and other families, as you learn more about the amazing programs our school has to offer.
Step 3: Interviews
- All prospective families are required to meet our Director of Admissions and Records for a brief informal interview, either during the campus visit or scheduled for at a different time.
- Interviews will include prospective parent(s) and student(s)
- The purpose of the interviews is for the school and the prospective student families to get to know each other
- After the informal interview, a confidential evaluation form will be provided for your child’s school to complete and submitted during registration.
Step 4: Registration
Registration will open in February. Based on our Admissions criteria, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register. Please note that if your child’s name is not on the wait list, you will not be able to register for the following school year.
For waitlist applicants starting with first grade, the school follows an order of admission with priority to:
- presently enrolled students
- siblings of currently enrolled students
- students from sister/feeder Kindergarten programs (Tufenkian and Tavlian)
- students of alumni parents, and
- wait-listed students
*Priority registration is given to students entering grades TK-1*
- Completed application including all required information
- Paid registration fee
- Copy of the student's birth certificate (all students grades TK-8 must meet age requirements for each grade level)
- Copy of most recent immunization records (all students grades TK-8). Please note that Immunization Plans are no longer accepted. Without updated Immunizations, your application will be returned
- Confidential recommendation/evaluation form (all students grades TK-8)
- Copy of Official Transcripts (for students entering grades 2-8)
- Completion of a Kindergarten program (students entering 1st grade)
- Entrance exam (for students entering grades 2-8) to be completed in-person
*Submit all required registration documents on our online portal*
Timeline of Important Dates to Remember:
October 1, 2022: Wait List opens
October 2022 - February 2023: Campus Tours and Interviews
January 28, 2023: Prospective Student Open House
February 6, 2023: TK-1 Registration
February 20, 2023: Grades 2-8 Returning Student Registration