Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
Chamlian Armenian School prides itself on the care and safety of our students. The success of our morning drop off and after school pick up operation hinges on our families following the outlined expectations below. Please know that our priority is always focused on student safety rather than expediency of operations.
Our school has two (2) gates for student drop off and pick up. Our main gate is located at 4444 Lowell Avenue, which has a driveway for drop off/pick up, as well as a walk up gate. Our second gate is on Second Avenue, which is a pedestrian gate only. In our effort to be good neighbors, we ask our parents to keep the cul-de-sac clear of cars, and use Second Avenue only for 4th-8th grade students to walk through.
Morning drop off times are as follows:
- 7:30am - 8:20am: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades
- 7:30am - 8:35am: TK, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades
Afternoon pick up times are as follows:
- 2:45pm - 4:00pm: TK, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm: 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
- 3:20pm - 4:00pm: 6th, 7th, and 8th grades
For extended care between 4:00pm - 5:00pm, students may register for Study Hall. Students who are not pre-registered for Study Hall and are not picked up by 4:00pm will be charged the daily rate of $20 per student. Chamlian campus closes promptly at 5pm. There will be no staff or security supervision after that time.
Driveway Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
All grade level parents (TK-8th) can wait in queue lines on Lowell Ave to drop off and pick up through our driveway.
Morning Drop Off:
- Please ensure your child is prepared with their belongings to exit the car in an expedited fashion.
- Parents may exit their vehicle and help their student leave their car and cross the driveway to the school gate. School staff will greet the students at the main gate.
- Driveway drop off is expected to be conducted in a safe and efficient manner while being considerate of those waiting in the drop off line.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- Each homeroom teacher will provide colored construction paper to be placed on the car windshield during pick up time. Please write your child(ren)'s full name, teacher's name, and class section on the paper to facilitate the pick up process.
- Do not arrive earlier than your oldest student's release time, otherwise you will be asked to exit the driveway and re-enter.
- The queuing line for the first dismissal pick up at 2:45pm (TK-2nd) begins on Lowell Avenue below the school driveway; line up without blocking the school or the neighbor's driveway.
- The queuing line for the second dismissal pick up at 3:00pm (3rd-5th) begins on Lowell Avenue at Community Street behind the red curb; line up without blocking the neighbors' driveway.
- The queuing line for the third dismissal pick up at 3:20pm (6th-8th) begins on Lowell Avenue at Altura Avenue behind the red curb; line up without blocking the neighbors' driveway.
- If you arrive when the queuing line has already begun, do not cut. Please enter at the end of the next pick up line.
- If you are in the front of a queuing line at Community Street or Altura Avenue awaiting your dismissal time, allow other vehicles with earlier dismissal time to enter the queuing line ahead of you.
Park and Walk to the Gate Procedures
Parents who prefer to take advantage of additional time while dropping off or picking up their child/children are encouraged to park and walk with students to school.
Park and Walk to Lowell Ave Gate (Available to TK-8th Grade Students):
- Parents who prefer to walk with their children to the Lowell Ave gate may do so by parking on the street. Parents must be courteous to our neighbors by parking in designated areas.
- For morning drop off, parents may walk their child(ren) to the pedestrian walkway on Lowell Ave adjacent to our driveway. Students will be asked to wait on the ramp and be escorted by school staff across the driveway.
- For afternoon pick up, parents may cross the pedestrian walkway, and form a line where they will provide their child’s name to be called. Upon name calling, parents must enter the main gate and wait on the right side in the designated parent waiting area.
Park and Walk to Second Ave Gate (Available to 4th-8th Grade Students):
- Second Ave drop off and pick up requires pre-registration.
- Parents are not allowed to drive onto Second Ave. Parents must park on Boston Ave in designated parking spots.
- For morning drop off, the Second Ave gate is only open between 8:05am to 8:20am. Parents must walk with their child to the school’s back gate at the end of the cul-de-sac on Second Ave. Parents must wait for school personnel to accept their child before leaving. Please do not leave students unattended.
- For after school pick up, the Second Ave gate is only open between 3:20pm - 3:45pm. The gate will close promptly at 3:45pm. If you arrive after that time, please drive back around to use the driveway on Lowell Ave for pick up.
- For after school pick up, parents may either walk to the end of the cul-de-sac on Second Ave to meet their child, or they may wait for school personnel to walk the students to Boston Ave. Students will not be released to parents who have not safely parked in the designated areas.
Please exercise patience for the safety of our students. The school administration, student community, and our neighborhood count on your cooperation to maintain a safe drop off and pick up operation.