Tuition is due the first week of every month for 10 monthly installments
$8,750.00 annually for Kindergarden
$7,500.00 annually for 1st - 8th grades
Tuition Payment Policy
- Tuition for enrollment and attendance at Vahan & Anoush Chamlian Armenian School (Chamlian), and, if desired, extended childcare, is charged as an annual fee. Payment of Tuition may be divided into Ten (10) equal monthly installments for elementary and middle school students (payable August-May). The opportunity to make installment payments of Tuition is granted by Chamlian solely for the convenience of the parent/guardian; and, even when the choice is made to pay Tuition in installments, the parent/guardian is obligated to pay the full annual Tuition sum. When the choice is made to pay Tuition in installments the installments are payable regardless of holidays and vacations. Also, Tuition payments are non-refundable, even though the student may be absent from school.
- Tuition payments should be made using one of the following methods:
- Checks [made payable to "Chamlian"] should be deposited in the drop box inside the school office.
- Checks may be mailed to the school, but must be received by the due date.
- Credit/Debit Cards are accepted with a pre-determined convenience fee.
- All installment Tuition payments are due and payable on the 7th day of each month regardless of whether or not a tuition statement has been received by the parent.
- If a student is suspended for nonpayment of Tuition, the parent/guardian will be assessed a $50.00 re-instatement fee, which must be paid before the student can return to the classroom. Tuition continues to accrue during suspension, and the balance due must be paid, along with the reinstatement fee, before the student may return to the classroom.
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) checks will result in a $30.00 charge (and an additional late charge if applicable), and require replacement in the form of cash, money order, or cashier's check.
- After a second returned check, all future payments must be made using cash, money order, or cashier's check.
- Three (3) or more late payments will require administrative review by the Chamlian School Board to determine if the student may continue attending Chamlian.
- Financial adjustments will not be made for illness, scheduled holidays or family vacations.
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable and is not applied toward Tuition.
- Tuition balances must be kept current to maintain priority registration status for the following school year.
- Additional Hours of Care - Available at $10.00 per hour (4:00 PM-5:30 PM). All students not picked up by 4:00 p.m. will be placed in After School Care, and billed at a pro rate share through the monthly invoice.
- Withdrawal from School - Requires written notice given to the school office One month in advance of the planned withdrawal. Tuition will be due for the one month notice period regardless of whether the student attends school. Paid in full account refunds are subject to a $30 processing fee.
Late payment / non-payment policy
Tuition is due on or before the seventh day of every month. Should a situation arise that a payment will be late; the parent is responsible to notify the School Administration as soon as possible. In the event that a family fails to pay tuition on time, the School Administration will initiate the following procedures:
If at the end of thirty (30) days the tuition account is not current, the parent will be notified by the Administration of the past due amount. A late fee of $30 will be assessed to the total tuition balance, and additional late fees of $30 each month will continue to accrue until the account is current.
If at the end of sixty (60) days the past due status continues to exist, the parent will be notified in writing by the Administration that the account must be brought current, otherwise the student will not be allowed to take the midterm exam and/or the final exams. Chamlian reserves the right to suspend the student from the school if any tuition balance is past due for Sixty (60) days or more.
All outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to completion of all coursework and the taking of final exams. Chamlian further reserves the right to refuse re-enrollment for the current year, or enrollment for the following year, until all outstanding tuition and fees are paid in full.
Non-refundable registration fee:
$875.00 for Kindergarten through 8th grade students (Includes $100 to the Prelacy Schools Board of Regents).